Religious Witness for the Earth invites you to join the
WALK FOR CLIMATE RESCUE
March 16-24, 2007 - Northampton to Boston
CLIMATE RESCUE DAY, March 24, Boston
A moral call for swift, bold, and comprehensive
political action to address global warming
RWE Mission Statement:
Religious Witness for the Earth (RWE) is a national interfaith network dedicated
to public witness in defense of Creation. Seeing climate change and environmental
devastation as issues of justice, RWE invokes the loving spirit, selfless courage,
and moral authority of the civil rights movement. Through prayer, education, and
nonviolent action, we join hands to protect the Earth, our beloved home.
11/12/21 - RWE in New York City, the 5th anniversary
of the signing of the Kyoto Protocol
Religious Witness for the Earth is:
- Interfaith - We welcome people of all religions and spiritual paths
- Multicultural - Understanding that diverse ecosystems are the most
resilient, we embrace the full diversity of people into the call to heal the earth.
- Independent - We work closely with many religious organizations but
are beholden to none.
- Grassroots - We are a membership-based network of both clergy and laity.
- Activist - Our primary strategy is public witness, from outdoor worship
to nonviolent civil disobedience.
- Nonviolent - Believing that any form of violence is spiritually harmful
and strategically counterproductive, we aspire to love in all our endeavors.
Since its founding in February 2001, RWE has:
- On the fifth anniversary of the US signing of the Kyoto Protocol, led a march
to the United Nations where 300 worshipers joined our Interfaith Service
of Repentance and Renewal, followed by teach-ins and meetings with
- Led simultaneous Interfaith Services of Prayer & Witness for Climate
Action in every state capital of New England.
- Circulated a New England Interfaith Call for Climate Action signed by more
than 300 clergy and hundreds of lay people.
- Organized a Prayer & Witness outside the US Department of Energy in Washington,
DC, followed by nonviolent civil disobedience that resulted in 22 arrests (including
- Circulated a Call for the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge signed by over
170 clergy and hundreds of lay people.
- Met with members of Congress urging protection of the Arctic National Wildlife
Refuge and action to end global climate change.
- Testified at state and federal hearings on energy conservation.
- Co-sponsored demonstrations at SUV dealers in Lynn and Northampton, MA.
- Gained national media attention, including the Wall Street Journal, Christian
Science Monitor, Boston Globe, PBS, and National Public Radio.
- postcodesex.co.uk | escort-review.co.uk | sex-massage.co.uk | thaisecretescorts.co.uk | massage-parlours.co.uk | nurumassage.co.uk | local-escort.co.uk | massage-parlour.co.uk | brothelsuk.co.uk | escorts4.co.uk | escortbay.co.uk | escortangels.co.uk | escortapp.co.uk | massageapp.co.uk | escort-girls.co.uk | sex-in.uk | prostitutesnearme.co.uk | massage-near-me.co.uk | tantric-massage.org.uk | thai-massage.org.uk | erotic-massage.org.uk | massage-places.co.uk | happy-ending-massage.co.uk | adult-massage.uk | sexworkersnearme.co.uk | nzescorts.nz | massagenearme.co.nz | ozzieescorts.com | brothelsnearme.com | nzescort.co.nz | canuckescorts.com | asian-massage-parlors.com | escortprofiles.co.za | rubandtugnearme.com | sexmassage.co.za | escorts-search.com | erotic-massage-near-me.com | massageplacesfinder.com | nurumassagenearme.com | www.ozziesex.com | a local fuck in your city