Religious Witness for the Earth invites you to join the
WALK FOR CLIMATE RESCUE
March 16-24, 2007 - Northampton to Boston
CLIMATE RESCUE DAY, March 24, Boston
A moral call for swift, bold, and comprehensive
political action to address global warming
RWE Mission Statement:
Religious Witness for the Earth (RWE) is a national interfaith network dedicated
to public witness in defense of Creation. Seeing climate change and environmental
devastation as issues of justice, RWE invokes the loving spirit, selfless courage,
and moral authority of the civil rights movement. Through prayer, education, and
nonviolent action, we join hands to protect the Earth, our beloved home.
11/12/21 - RWE in New York City, the 5th anniversary
of the signing of the Kyoto Protocol
Religious Witness for the Earth is:
- Interfaith - We welcome people of all religions and spiritual paths
- Multicultural - Understanding that diverse ecosystems are the most
resilient, we embrace the full diversity of people into the call to heal the earth.
- Independent - We work closely with many religious organizations but
are beholden to none.
- Grassroots - We are a membership-based network of both clergy and laity.
- Activist - Our primary strategy is public witness, from outdoor worship
to nonviolent civil disobedience.
- Nonviolent - Believing that any form of violence is spiritually harmful
and strategically counterproductive, we aspire to love in all our endeavors.
Since its founding in February 2001, RWE has: